The 228 Clock Hour/21 Quarter Hour Reflexology Certificate Program is an advanced training program for massage therapists and those wanting to be a professional reflexologist. This program will teach history, theory and basic principles of foot reflexology. The student will learn the anatomy of the body with corresponding reference points to the feet. Hands-on application of foot Reflexology will be demonstrated with student exchange in class.
Advanced principles of hand and foot reflexology will be taught in Level 2. Students will explore gait analysis, how structural problems can block energy flow, biomechanics of the arches, the relationship between the deep calf muscles and the integrity of the transverse and medial longitudinal arch, hydrotherapy for the feet and examine the scope of the professional reflexologist. Students successfully completing the program will receive a certificate of training and are eligible to take the American Reflexology Certificate Exam.
- Prepare students to work at an advanced level in the specialized field of Reflexology and to successfully interface with adjunct health care professionals.
- Prepare practitioners that are highly skilled in both structural and energetic work for the hands and feet.
- Understand the reflex relationships between the hands/feet and the rest of the body.
|Prerequisite||High school graduate or equivalent.|
|Anatomy * (BIO 110)
Business * (BUS 140)
Physiology * (BIO 120)
Reflexology Level 1 * (REF 210)
Reflexology Level 2 * (REF 220) See individual course descriptions for prerequisites.* Indicates course is required for AOS Degree for this area of specialty.
* These courses transfer from/to the 700 Hour CMT Program.
- 12 months (maximum)
- Full Time Student is one who is taking a minimum of 12 quarter credits.
- Academic Year is a minimum of 30 weeks or 36 quarter credits.
|Name and Standard Occupational Classification for this program||Massage Therapists; 31-9011.00|
|U.S. Dept. of Labor’s O*Net for this program||Click Here|
|On-time graduation rate for this program||96%|
|Job placement rate||86%|
|Median loan debt incurred||Title IV: $0; Private: $0|
|Tuition and fee charges||See Advanced Training Tuition|
|Graduation & Placement Rates||See Chart|