Lymphatic Drainage Program
The 110 Clock Hour/9 Quarter Hour certificate Lymphatic Drainage program prepares massage therapists to meet the varied needs of their clients.
More information about the lymphatic system has emerged in the last 20 years and the field of Lymphatic Drainage is expanding. Adjunct healthcare professionals and the medical community are recognizing the benefits of Lymphatic Drainage massage for clients with edema, lymphedema and other subclinical conditions.
This program fully addresses the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system fundamental to the technical skills and sequences acquired in the classes. Special attention is given to working with organs, oral and nasal passages and the joints. Students will also have an appreciation and working ability to address the deeper flow of the lymphatic system.
- Prepare the student for entry level employment as a Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapist.
- To demonstrate a working understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system.
- To appropriately apply lymphatic drainage techniques to any part of the body to affect both the superficial and deep flow.
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of lymphedema and its implications to Lymphatic Drainage Massage.
|Prerequisite||Must be a Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) or enrolled in a Massage Therapy program.|
|Lymphatic Drainage Level 1 * (LYD 210)
Lymphatic Drainage Level 2 * (LYD 220)
Lymphatic Drainage Level 3 * (LYD 230) See individual course descriptions for prerequisites.* Indicates course is required for AOS Degree for this area of specialty.
- 12 months (maximum)
- Full Time Student is one who is taking a minimum of 12 quarter credits.
- Academic Year is a minimum of 30 weeks or 36 quarter credits.
|Name and Standard Occupational Classification for this program||Massage Therapists; 31-9011.00|
|U.S. Dept. of Labor’s O*Net for this program||Click Here|
|On-time graduation rate for this program||100%|
|Job placement rate||96%|
|Median loan debt incurred||Title IV: $0; Private: $0|
|Tuition and fee charges||See Advanced Training Tuition|
|Graduation & Placement Rates||See Chart|