700 Hour CMT Program
The 700 Clock Hour/64 Quarter Hour* Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) program exceeds the current national average of hours required for massage therapy education. This program is singular in providing core competencies essential for a successful massage therapist.
This program is the foundation of all massage training programs offered at CSHA. The courses are structured and sequenced to provide students with a intrinsic strength of knowledge, comprehension, and application of massage techniques.
- Prepares students for entry level employment positions in clinics, spas, health clubs and chiropractic offices.
- The sciences of anatomy and physiology are critical for a massage therapist. Students will demonstrate an ability to discuss the procedures, their purpose and any contraindications using correct medical terminology as it relates to a particular application.
- To prepare students for taking the Massage and Bodywork License Examination.
- Encourage personal and professional growth.
|Prerequisite||High School Graduate or equivalent.|
|Anatomy (BIO 110)
Body Centered Therapy (CMT 132)
Business (BUS 140)
Clinic Massage (CMT 140)
Diet & Nutrition (BIO 140)
Integrative Massage (CMT 142)
Massage Level 1 (CMT 110)
Massage Level 2 (CMT 120)
Massage Level 3 (CMT 130)
Palpation of Anatomy (CMT 122)
Physiology (BIO 120)
Sports Massage Level 1 (SPM 130)
|Select one of the following 16 quarter hour electives|
- Completion: 15 months (maximum), 9 months (minimum)
- Full Time Student is one who is taking a minimum of 12 quarter credits.
- This program is paid for on clock hours completed.
- Academic Year is a minimum of 30 weeks or 36 quarter credits*
|Name and Standard Occupational Classification for this program||Massage Therapists; 31-9011.00|
|U.S. Dept. of Labor’s O*Net for this program||Click Here|
|On-time graduation rate for this program||81%|
|Job placement rate||79%|
|Median loan debt incurred||Title IV: $4,278; Private: $0|
|Tuition and fee charges||See 700 Hr Program|
|Graduation & Placement Rates||See chart|
|Gainful Employment Information||Click Here|